At Allergy & Asthma Care, patient health and safety is our top priority. We believe that optimal management of your allergies and asthma is important in the face of coronavirus, so we will continue to serve our patients. We are taking extra precautions for patient safety. As such, we are doing the following screening, cleaning, new staff procedures, and social distancing.
1. We are screening patients when they come in the office for coronavirus symptoms: fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, or cough. If you think you might have coronavirus, please contact your primary care physician.
2. Waiting rooms, doors and surfaces are now cleaned every two hours.
3. All magazines and toys have been removed from our waiting room and exam rooms.
4. We have eliminated any sharing of physical charts, computers, phones.
5. To ensure patient safety, all staff members are wearing masks and are washing their hands before and after every patient interaction.
6. All Allergy & Asthma Care employees are having their temperatures checked twice per day.
7. All pens and clipboards are cleaned after every patient.
8. In order to reduce exposure in our waiting rooms, we have changed all non-shot visits to telemedicine or “video visits.” Before your appointment, you will receive an email or text with a link. Simply click on the link to let us know you are ready, and then the doctor will start the video conference. No apps, downloads, or logins are required. All you need is a cellphone or computer with a camera. Be sure to allow your web browser to use your microphone and camera.
9. For now, we are limiting testing and food and drug challenges. We have also decided to postpone procedures such as spirometry and peak flow monitoring for the time being.
10. Following allergy shots, we are allowing patients to wait in their cars for 30 minutes instead of the waiting room.
11. Currently, no visitors are allowed in our office. Only patients, and one guardian if needed, can wait in the waiting room or come back to the exam room.